The Richfield Church of Christ began in 1957 with twelve families meeting in temporary quarters. This group moved into their new building at 73rd and Humboldt in Richfield, MN on February 15, 1959.
Ethan Bilbrey – April 2016 to Present
Ethan Bilbrey serves as Minister of the Richfield Church of Christ.
Ethan and Skylar grew up in the Monterey Church of Christ in Monterey, Tennessee. Prior to moving to Minnesota, they lived in Great Falls, Montana for almost two years going through the Great Falls Church of Christ ministry apprenticeship under the guidance of evangelists Scott Laird and Chris Crooks. Prior to that, Ethan preached and taught for the Central Church of Christ in Decaturville, TN.
Ethan received his BA in Biblical Studies at Freed-Hardeman University in 2011 and is currently pursuing a Masters of Divinity at Harding School of Theology. Skylar received her B.S. in Elementary Education K-6 from Freed-Hardeman University in 2012. She has worked as a long-term substitute teacher in Tennessee and Montana.
A few of their hobbies include: reading, walking, traveling, kayaking, playing board games, and watching good TV and movies.
Bruce Goodwin – January 2008 to March 2016
As of March 2016, Bruce and Barbara have served churches in South Dakota, Texas, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Minnesota and Nebraska.
Bruce grew up on a sheep and cattle ranch in western South Dakota. He graduated from Kansas State University in 1976 with a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree and then practiced veterinary medicine in South Dakota until 1978 when he began preaching for the Church of Christ in Aberdeen, South Dakota. In 1986, he went to Abilene Christian University and received a Master’s Degree in Biblical Studies.
Barbara’s junior and senior high school years were spent in Manhattan, Kansas. She has a B.A. in Education from West Chester University and an M.A. in Student Affairs from Azuza Pacific University.
Larry Bertram – September 1993 to September 2006
Pictured are Larry and Sharon Bertram.
- Lanny Hallmark – September 1984 to June of 1993 assisted by Ken Wells and Gary Smith (1-year)
- Fred Burrows – July 1981 to mid-1984
- Harvey Childress – August 1980 to March 1981
- John Wright – September of 1975 to September of 1979
- John Franklin – June 1974 to June 1975
- Dick Yeager – assistant minister – September 1968 to TBD
- Glen Bettenhsusen – June 1967 to early 1974
- Ed Sanders – November 1965 to August 1966
- Hal Smith – December 1963 to October 1965
- Harvey Childress – May 1957 when the Richfield congregation was formed to August 1963
The following individuals have served as Youth Ministers:
- Kellen Goben – youth intern – Summer of 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Matt Ruiz – September 2004 to August 2006
- Chris Gonzalez – 1999 to 2001
- Dan Fraser – June 1974 to September 1975